Proud LRC Sponsors
The primary aim of the Learning Resource Center (LRC) at St. Catherine's is to provide direct homework assistance and individualized tutorial instruction for select students, grades 6-12, in order to promote higher levels of academic achievement as well as to keep up their interest in school.
The LRC is available to all students (on an appointment basis) who may need academic assistance.
It aims to teach and reinforce the following skills:
- Note taking and outlining
- Study techniques
- Reading comprehension
- Effective communication
- Research skills
- Time management
- Goal-setting and accountability
- Ensure homework completion and promote good study habits
- Increase students' motivation with regard to their school work
- Improve test taking and results
- Improve relationships between parents and the school
- Encourage the school community to take a greater interest in young people's success
The Assistant Principal will assign students to the Learning Resource Center based on the following general conditions:
- Ongoing review of student performance along with teachers and guidance counselor
- Parents request the placement following a conference with Assistant Principal
- There appears to be academic difficulty in one or two subject areas
- Returning students on academic probation will be assigned to the program
- Additional placements will be made to the program through teacher referrals, mid-quarter warnings and report card grades
- A student has an identified learning need
The Learning Resource Center is open for students Monday through Friday from 7:15 a.m. until 4 p.m.